Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I am a vegetarian trying to add muscle mass how many times should I eat and what?

No Tofu please. I am allergicI am a vegetarian trying to add muscle mass how many times should I eat and what?
To keep from having to type out everything, there鈥檚 a site that I use fr guidelines for my occassional vegetarian clients, though they are few and far between.


* indicates a complete protein
As long as vegetarians (and everyone else, for that matter) eat a wide variety of foods, they will easily manage to eat enough protein - not to mention other nutrients.
If you want to be absolutely certain that you are getting enough protein, you should eat food combinations which form a complete protein, such as:
Legumes + seeds Legumes + nuts Legumes + grains Chances are you already eat complete proteins without even trying. Here are some tasty and healthy complete protein combinations:
Beans on toast Corn and beans Hummus and pita bread Nut butter on whole grain bread Pasta with beans Rice and beans, peas, or lentils Split pea soup with whole grain or seeded crackers or bread Tortillas with refried beans Veggie burgers on bread http://www.theveggietable.com/articles/p鈥?/a>

This site also contains a great deal of helpful info, but bear in mind, it will be very difficult to add all of the muscle you鈥檙e capable of adding, while staying lean with strictly vegetarian sources.

http://www.whereincity.com/medical/prote鈥?/a>I am a vegetarian trying to add muscle mass how many times should I eat and what?
Lol I was just going to say organic tofu. Well I have been vegetarian for 4 years and my bf for a year he is beginning to work out he eats peanut butter and almond butter look at Fred Meyers for this and get a natural version don't eat white bread or junk food he is also eating one raw organic egg with orange juice not from concentrate. Gross but he is getting results fast! I usually use organic eggs which have tons of protein and organic milk I would suggest. I breastfeed and this may sound gross but he drinks a little of my breast milk.I am a vegetarian trying to add muscle mass how many times should I eat and what?
a non-vegetarian would eat meat to gain muscle mass because of all the protein. Well, beans are like the vegetarians meat because they too are good sources of protein. But you also need to work out. What the protein actually does is, when the muscle tears, and hyper-recovery starts (thats how you gain muscle) protein is what rebuilds your muscles. Otherwise, you'll probably just become fat.
eat three meals a day and make sure the food you eat is high in protein; eat beans, veggie burritos (high in protein), peanut butter sandwiches,chicken (grilled/in a salad but not fried) or tuna and drink milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment