Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What are the vegetarian meals at Medieval times like?

I'm going to one in Toronto and was wondering if it was good. ThanksWhat are the vegetarian meals at Medieval times like?
They have a wonderful vegetarian entree consisting of malted barley, and flavored with hops. I believe they call it beer.
I'm not sure they serve a vegetarian meal there. I just went, and their meal hasn't changed from the last time I went, about 7 years ago.



They start you off with a tomato soup, its actually really nice. After you get a piece of garlic bread, then a quarter chicken, baked potato and a few ribs. You could probably mention to your wench that you're vegetarian and maybe get extra soup and potato instead of the chicken and ribsWhat are the vegetarian meals at Medieval times like?
the meal is not bad - but it is not good either. when i went, it was some steamed vegetables with a little bit of rice and i believe a small bread roll as well. i brought some granola bars with me on the trip just in case, because i am vegetarian and have grown to expect poor meals at public places. if i were you, i would go ahead and bring some snacks such as fruit/nuts or whatever you prefer, because chances are, you will wind up hungry and the show is about 2 hours long.



basically - don't go there too hungry and bring a snack.
I'm not sure how it tastes but just to be clear, they do have a vegetarian option. According to their website, it consists of:



"tomato bisque soup, garlic bread, large Portobello mushroom cap stuffed with whole grain, rice and bean blend, large skewer of roasted vegetables, hummus with pita chips, pastry of the castle and two rounds of select beverages."



It sounds delicious to me!What are the vegetarian meals at Medieval times like?
Medieval Times is a major rip off. I went when I was a kid and the food wasn't completely horrid but it wasn't anywhere near worthy of the price either. I'm not sure what their vegetarian meal would be like since I wasn't a vegetarian. I would go to a better restaurant myself.



Added: This review of the place is exceedingly accurate: http://kwkbox.com/articles/7-medieval-ti鈥?/a>
The vegetarian one is delicious. Just let them know you need a vegetarian meal. I think you can tell them when you buy the tickets or you can tell your server. Everybody I went with had the regular food and they were all jealous of mine. lol
there are vegetarian meals at medieval times???? what??? that makes no sense, considering the time frame we are talking about here. don't get me wrong, i'm actually a veg myself, but that really surprises me that they'd have the option. wow. have fun!
In Medieval times meat was a luxury. Average people (and then there were only poor and rich) usually survived on bread, potatoes and the like. Meat was reserved for special occasions generally given it's high cost
In medieval times you ate what you could or you would starve. Meat was food and people did not such a fuss about animal like they do today. If it moves, it can be eaten...
no such thing sorry bud.
Bill and Ted did a lot of bodasious things on their Excellent Adventure, but I don't recall them eating with the Royal Ugly Dudes.
Never had any vegetarian meals,well,apart from dirt.
Vegetarians ate meat.

People weren't ******* back then. Either you ate boar or you ate dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment