Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Question for vegetarians, How many times have you heard this one?

When you tell someone you are a vegetarian they say " If you don't eat meat what do you eat." ? I mean really, don't people know how much wonderful food is available or do they just chew on a dead animal carcuss all day ?Question for vegetarians, How many times have you heard this one?
Oh so many times. It's SO annoying. I mean, they act like meat is the ONLY source of food. It always tempts me to say "I eat food, that's what" or something like that, but I don't.



For all you idiots that use religion as an excuse for meat-eating and say "God put animals on this earth to be eaten by man ", here's some info to knock you off of your high horse:



"And God said, Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree-yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is a living soul, I have given every green herb for food: and it was so." -Genesis 1:29-30



So, when God created the Garden of Eden, all the creatures lived peacefully, didn't kill each other, and were vegetarians. Plus, one of the Ten Commandments says "You shall not murder/kill", which includes animals and other living creatures.



And for all you other idiots who say "I'm a carnivore/omnivore because I have canines", here some info:



Just because the human body can digest meat doesn't mean you should. The human body can also digest cardboard, but that doesn't mean you should just go out and start eating boxes. The human teeth, nails, stomach acid, intestine length, etc. is nowhere near close to that of a true carnivore or omnivore. Just because you have "canines" doesn't make you a carnivore or omnivore. In truth, man-made weapons are the ONLY reason people are actually able to kill animals. If we had no man-made weapons or even fire to cook the meat, we would have to revert back to the diet humans were intended to live on: a vegetarian one.



I hope my little "lecture" helped inform some people.
Great answer, and topical question we all have to deal with. One other thing we have to deal with is getting rid of a moron like Andy B. He is always sticking his nose in when his opinion is not warranted.

Report Abuse

Question for vegetarians, How many times have you heard this one?
If a guy works his way down south of the border to dine, can he still be a vegetarian?
I'm not a vegetarian, but that doesn't mean I can't eat vegetarian food - and very nice it is too.



BUT



(how can I say this without coming down to the level of some of the people we meet on this site?)



it does tend to give one certain side effects!

You know what I mean?



Solve that - and we'll all become veggies - honestQuestion for vegetarians, How many times have you heard this one?
I don't know how many people have said that to me.....I've been a vegetarian for 5 years now, How long have you been a vegetarian?
yeah, i mean, most food isn't meat, so it's funny when they ask.
I get that all the time people can be really rude I mean i am vegetarian by religion and i seems afuwaly rude to say things like that there are plenty of good healty food that doesn't include meat. And i for one thing am happy that i don't eatr meat it gives me a good feeling not having not to eat dead animals. U know what i mean?
Definetely have heard that one...people have such stereotype for vegeterians - we're all weird and eat salads all day long. Not true. We're the ones taking care of their childrens future-and they don't even realize it. :-)
my only concern is protein, other than that, you can basically eat anything with a postive outcome.



for both men and women vegans, it is not wise to eat soy more than twice a week. it can reek havoc on the thyroid. in men it can cause breast inlargement.



did you know that fish and shellfish are not a "meat"?



great sources of good stuff...just wish i could get my teen to eat it once a week....
I suppose he is a comedian, but Ron White says it best when the beef broth upsets the stomach of the vegetarian. I figure God wouldn't put wonderful animals in the world if we weren't suppose to eat them.
I have heard that said many many times and now believe that vegetables and beans are much tastier and healthier.



Once my partner and I were near some vegetarians and they said we smelt of dead meat.
I used to be a major carnivore, and the first thing I realized when I became a vegetarian, was that I had been missing out on an incredible variety of foods while I was so stuck on the "meat" thing.



You literally have about ten choices of meat. There are hundreds of choices of vegetarian foods that most people simply don't think about and/or never try.



It's funny. It's just a completely different mentality. Americans tend to view a meal as a big piece of meat, with a small side of vegetables. The idea of a LARGE plate of vegetables doesn't ever cross their mind.
Tell them with enthusiasm the variety of foods available for those who choose to be vegetarians. Tell them exactly what you eat to get protein, etc. Humans began as gatherers of nuts, berries, grains, etc. Hunting for meat came much later in civilization.



Also, if you don't want them to judge you by what you eat don't judge them by thinking that they are chewing on a dead animal's carcus all day. Tolerance is more important than what people eat
Plants are alive, you know...
yeh everyone's like "so do you live off of salad?" I mean people stop and think how much stuff you eat that's meatless. there's alot of variety really.
Yes, many times.



The most wonderful question I had was that "So.., that means you are living on just water and juices..right..?"
oh so many times.....like all they eat all day is animal flesh.



I'm sure they start the day with a nice bowl of giblets in chicken fat, and then a fat big mac for lunch, and then a dripping steak for dinner.



Yummy...barf!!!
I am fairly certain only a complete, and utter idiot would ask

"If you don't eat meat, what do you eat?".

I myself am not a vegetarian, and have no problem with them.

I do, however have problems with people on both sides, who say something along the lines of "you should eat meat!" or "eating animals is wrong!"

Both of those are out of line.. people should not try to make someone else change.

I think your comment about how people "just chew on dead animal carcasses all day." was a bit out of line, although that is what it is, no one needs to hear that.
Vegetarians don't eat food. They eat what food eats :(
To be fair, that's quite stupid. I think that's stupid, and I can think of few things I disagree with more than vegetarianism.

I know of few meat eaters who eat more meat than other foods, including myself; meat is a large part of many people's diets, it is very rarely the only part (unless you're an Eskimo of Masai or someone). We still eat fruit and veg and potatoes and beans and bread, etc. That they've said that just shows they're willing to ignore the larger part of their own diet.



On the other hand, meat is still a very major part of many of our diets, and we tend to eat not such a wide range of veggies. Consequently, I can see how someone might think that there would be a very limited range of foods for veggies to eat, because the range of veggie foods we eat is, as a rule, quite slim, because we don't so many of them as we have meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment