Sunday, January 29, 2012

Vegetarians only! I'm having a sort of hard time becomeing vegetarian. Can someone help me?

I trying not to eat meat anymore because I think that eating meat meat is murder. I think that any vegetarian would agree with me there! But sometimes just sometimes I end up eating chicken. Can someone tell me how to avoid eating meat?



P.S. I would rather have a vegetarian person answer this question! It will make it easier for me. No hard feelings!Vegetarians only! I'm having a sort of hard time becomeing vegetarian. Can someone help me?
Hi,

I have been a vegetarian for 5 years. I know what you mean about teh whole chicken thing. If you go to the frozen section of your grocery store, you will see vegetarian foods by Morningstar. Its amazing, they have chicken strips that you can fry up and they have cheeseburgers, and hot dogs and everything. It is all soy but it tastes just like meat!It is a little more expensive but its wonderful. If you dont eat meat for a little while, you will never want it. Visit www.peta.com and watch some of their videos, they will totally gross you out, but they will make you stop eating meat!



If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me

jiffymixx2000@yahoo.com
%26lt;%26lt;Can someone tell me how to avoid eating meat?%26gt;%26gt;



I'm not a vegetarian, but I will try to answer this anyway. Just do what overweight people do to stop themselves from eating the food they know they can't resist: Keep it out of your house, and keep away from it until you know you are past the point of not being able to resist temptation.Vegetarians only! I'm having a sort of hard time becomeing vegetarian. Can someone help me?
i recentyl decided to go vegetarian too, i stay away from meat by thinking that i would break like a personal record
Sometimes you try to do the best you can. that's all.Vegetarians only! I'm having a sort of hard time becomeing vegetarian. Can someone help me?
Well when ever I get in the mood for a hamburger which isnt as often as it use to be, I'd think about what happened to the animal and it made me feel bad enough not to eat it. Hope that helped.
Its not a question of what you don't eat, but what you do eat. I make a "burger" that I really like Boil 6 cups of water. Add garlic, onion Italian seasoning (to taste) 1 cup of sunflower seeds. add 6 cups of quick oats, and turn the heat off. Let it cool for about an hour. (until it is warm but comfortable to the touch) Form it into a large canning jar lid. You can use the flat for a top, or cut one from plastic. put it in a bowl of water between forming "patties". Place the rounds on a cookie sheet, and bake in the oven at 330 for about half an hour, turning once. I find that this is a substantial addition to a meal. Don't get stressed, figure out what you want to replace, then find a reasonable facsimile.
When i was a little girl, my parents bought my brother and i 2 cows 'as pets' so we'd help take care of them. when they grew up, my parents had them butchered........ needless to say, i became a vegetarian at that point...

ANYWAYZ my suggestion is~

take an ENTIRE tour of a cattle butchering plant or any meat processing plant and maybe it'll change ya....
Good question!



I recently read an article by a psychiatrist. In it he stated that when we veggies miss meat, we aren't actually missing the meat itself.



If we loved the meat so much, why do we cover it in veggies? BBQ sauce is just tomato. Oregano, basil, sage. Plants Plants Plants.



What we miss is the savoriness of it. So if you find yourself craving chicken, carve off a slab of your trusty tofu and marinate it in what you would normally put on your chicken.
Read the book skinny *****.. you'll never eat chicken again!!
Don't Get Discouraged!!!

When I decided to go vegetarian it only lasted about 3 months the first time. About a month after that I went vegetarian again and I have been going strong for 3 1/2 years now.

What helped me a lot was Boca and Morning Star Farms. It makes it even easier to become vegetarian when you can substitute. Some of the different variates taste more like meat than others. You just have to try them and see which one is right for you.

You can also go out to restaurants and order almost any meal with out meat, or with a boca burger instead. Burger King offers the Morning Star Farms burgers.

I also subscribed to Vegetarian Times. They have great articles, and amazing recipes.
I'm vegetarian and the thought of meat actually turns my stomach. i think maybe you should give up. one person not eating meat doesn't stop the millions of animals being killed every day. don't get me wrong, you've got great ethics but if your craving maybe its not the thing for you....? maybe there's more suitable ways for you to voice your opinions
Morningstar and Quorn make good chicken substitutes (Quorn is phenomenal, but harder to find in some areas) for those times when you have a big craving.



If all else fails, you could also try a form of aversion therapy--when you want to eat meat, go online and find videos of animals in factory farms. There are a bunch out there at various sites like PETA and YouTube.
I've been vegan for about 16 years. The first 6 months were really hard. What worked for me was to keep meat out of the house like someone else said. You also need to branch out and find new things that you like. Be careful about just latching onto 'vegetarian' versions of foods you used to eat. You'll miss out on so many great things if fixate on meat substitutes all the time.



Good luck!
I think it's great that you are going veg!



If you live with your parents, get them on your side about it. They buy the food and prepare it in most cases, and if they don't support you, they will keep preparing enticing meaty meals. If you can't get them to agree with you, get a friend who will be vegetarian with you. You can count on each other when temptation strikes.



Just find a lot of meat replacements and vegetarian recipes. Morningstar Farms makes excellent veggie corn dogs that are available in any grocery store. Gardenburger makes the best type of veggie burger that I've had so far, which is also available in any grocery store. A yummy and easy thing to make at home is a toastada, which is just a fried tortilla, vegetarian refried beans, lettuce, and cheese.



Trust me, being vegetarian isn't as hard as it seems and you won't even miss meat at all in a month or so!



Congratulations and good luck to you!
Well its not that hard, you have good thoughts so in a way that should be enough, the most important thing i guess is finding good recipes, you can get a few good vegetarian books and look them up on the internet,, once u start eating great vegetarian meals you will never look back , and also feel so much better,, it will just take time, but you will be better off in the long run :) good work
I have been a vegetarain for almost all my life if i were to eat beef,I would get sick fast.Try not to think about meat too much.
Eating a vegetarian diet is not only better for animals, it's also better for you.



I truly believe that if I eat a meat product, I am also taking in the memory and experience of that animal's death. I don't want to take in that trauma, because I believe I will feel it and carry it with me - perhaps even manifest it in my own behavior (aggression, depression, anxiety, etc.). That is my belief as to why I feel emotionally and physically better without meat in my diet.



Have hope, you will be increasingly more successful over time. Give yourself a short timeline as a vegetarian (like two weeks) and compare how you feel, in contrast to the last time you ate a meal with meat. All you need is to demonstrate to yourself how much better you feel without meat in your diet, and there will be your incentive to continue as a vegetarian.
I am not an animal rights activist and I used to dear hunt with my father when I was a little girl. I will not voice wether I think eating meat is right or wrong because that may take me all day and it is the choice of each individual to choose for himself/herself. What I will tell you is that .... the chickens eat what? grains, vegetation... as do cows and pigs and rabbits etc., we are getting those grains and vegetables second hand then aren't we? Thats what makes sense to me. Why eat it second hand when we can get it straight from where it comes from...? Do you see where Im going with this?

I am raising my little sister who had diabetes when I first gained custody of her and 4 years later she is no longer a diabetic due to our diet (the doctor said) and my 6 year old son who had severe asthma from 1 1/2 - 4 1/2 years old no longer has asthma problems ... we dont use any medication by the way... so eating healthy is the only thing I have changed in my life and as such my family and myself are in 100% full mental and physical health. Except for maybe my sister sometimes! Just a joke! So it's up to you to weigh the costs and measure the results. It's your life, your body, and ultimately your the one who makes the choice when you go out with friends or have dinner with relatives. I am the only one in my extended family who is Vegan. Trust me sister, I know how hard it can be. If you think its murder, than to you, thats what it is. Do you see what Im saying? Each one of us has to choose for ourselves. Its a daily choice, and you are the only one with the power to make that choice. You will succeed if thats what you choose to do! I hope I didnt offend anyone and I hope I helped you at least a little!
EAT MEAT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment