Wednesday, January 25, 2012

In times of crisis would a vegetarian consider eating?

meat?. i myself am not a vegetarian and those who are fair play to them. but with all the floods unusual weather ect; global climatic upheaval the greatest food source is the food that has a mind for its own survival. thats humans fish and mammals and birds and all the other things that go tweet tweet in the night. corn will drown, so will wheat barley and apple trees. so if push come to shove, would a vegetarian cudgel to death a calf stranded on a piece of water locked land just to survive?

i know i would, would you?In times of crisis would a vegetarian consider eating?
I know chimp may be sincere but I find it hard to believe anyone would die to keep from eating meat.



My brother who was a peacenik in the 60s always said if sent to battle %26amp; came face to face with the enemy and it was kill or be killed he'd drop his gun. I don't believe that. The instinct to survive is too strong. Especially in your scenario where the animal would die anyway making both deaths senseless.



I do believe everything eaten should be with thankfulness to a God who provided the alternative to starvation.



But her scenario reminded me of an old joke I heard. A guy was sitting on his roof during a flood praying for help. A guy in a boat %26amp; one on a helicopter tried to save him but he waved them off looking for a miracle. Finally the flood waters rose so high the man drowned. When he got to heaven he wanted to know why God didn't answer his prayers. The Lord said I did, but you just waved them off and I was too busy with others in more desparate need than you. They didn't care how I saved them, just thankful I had.
I am unable to understand the mentality of equating a animal life with a human beings life and not being willing to destroy some thing or someone bent on destroying me or one of my people.

Report Abuse

In times of crisis would a vegetarian consider eating?
a true vegetarian will never eat meat, even if it means dieing for lack of food.
Of course I would.

But I double-dare you to ask this question in Vegetarian %26amp; Vegan! Wear lots of padding!

.In times of crisis would a vegetarian consider eating?
I am a pure vegitarian %26amp; i dont even want to imagine such situation.
dreadful thing to have to consider..but, if its a choice between life or death...i think everything would!
i for one would NEVER eat meat and yeah ask that in vegetarian %26amp; vegan
Vegetarian or not, if a person is starving he/she will eat anything. I cannot possibly believe that a vegetarian would not eat meat in such a situation. Who in their right mind is going to die over such principles. Very easy to say but not so easy to do. People have sold gold watches for a loaf of bread in the concentration camps because the will to survive surpasses everything. Now.....where's that "veal"?
Im sure most would, im not a vegetarian so the question doesn't apply but i think that human beings have an inate survival instinct, and if push comes to shove would drop those principles. This may sound bizarre but there have been plane accidents where the survivors have taken to eating the dead, a purely primeval response to getting out alive.
i a vegetarian, would eat meat if it was up to survival, BUT i would not kill anything to eat it. i read the other answers and they find it hard to believe that someone would not kill in order to maintain survival, but i would NOT. even in war, if someone had a gun to my head, THEY are the one who will go to hell, god will be with me. i couldnt see killing, taking someones life just to spare my own. if it is gods will it will be done and that person will get their punishment. same for the animal. i COULD NOT kill something just to make myself live a little longer. if i was meant to live a miracle will happen or i will find a way naturally.

i will say that if their was a big hamburger sittin around i would eat it. but thats cause i didnt have to kill it!

No comments:

Post a Comment