Sunday, January 29, 2012

I'm a vegetarian ,what all foods can I eat?

I'm a vegetarian I feel great,lots energy %26amp; loosing weight,I just wondering what all foods I can eat,I eat tons of veggies,beans,salads,veggie burgers,tofu,pasta,egg beaters,I subscribed to vegetarian times so it helps alot,I'm a vegetarian ,what all foods can I eat?
Steak, turkey, fish, bacon, pork chops, eggs, tenderloin, burgers, chicken, lamb, pepperoni, shrimp, roast beef, roast beast, green eggs, stew, and lobster are all things you can eat as long as you see the words FAUX or TOFU in front of it.



I am a vegan, too and there are millions of things, delicious and not, that you can find online and in cookbooks. Start with sauteed fennel bulbs with feta.



yum
There are many foods that are made of tofu/vegetables and taste like the real thing. I know that Morningstar Farms has a lot of vegetarian "meats" such as veggie burgers, "chicken", "ribs", "meatballs", and much more! you can also have anything that doesn't have any hidden non-vegetarian ingredients such as:

Cochineal/Carmine - a coloring agent made from ground up beetles

Oleic acid - fat from sheep or cattle

Rennin/Rennet - enzymes from a calf's stomach

Calcium Stearate - a mineral usually derived from hogs and cattle

Gelatin - protein from animal bones, cartilage, tendons, and skin

Glycerides (mono/di/tri) - glycerol from animal fats

Stearic acid - animal fats and oils

Lecithin - phospholipids often from animal tissues and eggs

Pepsin - enzymes gathered from pigs stomachsI'm a vegetarian ,what all foods can I eat?
Just don't eat Jell-o. That's not vegetarian. Also don't eat things that contain gelatin. A lot of yogurt is not vegetarian because they contain gelatin. Organic yogurts usually don't though. Marshmallows have gelatin in them so they are not vegetarian.



Lard is not vegetarian and is contained in some chips and desserts.



Also McDonald's fries contain beef tallow. Those are the most common "mistake-foods" that veggies go for without realizing.
it depends, what kind ofvegitarian are you? lacto ( drinks milk but does not eat egges), Ova ( eats eggs but not milk), lacto-ova (eats both), or vegan ( eats noo animal products at all). There are a couple of other kinds too. but most likely if you are a lacto-ova like me then you should always check labels ! sometimes companys will use beef fat or gelatin in products and if you dont check the lables then you could be eatting meat products with out knowing itI'm a vegetarian ,what all foods can I eat?
Don't forget to eat fruit here and there. You can pretty much eat whatever you want that doesn't have gelatin, poultry, fish, meat, and rennet there is some other stuff but at this moment i'm at a blank to think of what.
Don't forget the fruit. Make sure you get enough vitamins and protein. Sounds like you are doing good.
rice, fruit, eggs also

No comments:

Post a Comment