Sunday, January 29, 2012

I want to be and stay vegetarian, but my family and friends pressure me to eat meat. How do I just say 'NO'?

I live in southern georgia and I don't exactly know myself yet but I know that meat is murder. My family doesn't understand and every time I try to vegetarian they pressure me to change. Some times even to a point of tricking me. I can't stand having to cook the meat or see it being cooked. How do I just say no to them?I want to be and stay vegetarian, but my family and friends pressure me to eat meat. How do I just say 'NO'?
dont make it a big deal. the bigger deal you make it the bigger deal it stays. just keep saying no. eventually it will be accepted or youll be on your own and can cook for yourself.
Go with your mom, or dad or whoever does the food shopping in your house, and buy fruits and vegetables and nuts and beans. Tell them that you are going to cook for yourself. And once a week offer to cook for them and make them something extra delicious so they can see how yummy vegetarian/vegan food can be. Print out websites and highlight and show them all of the benefits(environmental and health) of being vegetarian/vegan. Tell them that this is something you truly stand for and that you can't stand to look at yourself in the mirror if you eat meat. That's how I felt and that's what I did and now I'm a vegan and my parents are actually proud of everything I've done and how much will power I have. And my father cooks for me now.I want to be and stay vegetarian, but my family and friends pressure me to eat meat. How do I just say 'NO'?
I would definitely say rude comments often back to them...such as..."you people are sick for eating that..." and "that smells so gross when you cook that..." or "that used to breathe, you know... its making me nauseous." that would become so annoying and negative they might just stop being turds to you!
i have the same problem well the best you can do is say no and so they don't trick you in to eating meat their like tv dinners 4 vegetarian they have vegy burgers in them and beans ect and their vacum backed and sealed so if its open or tampered with you know not to eat itI want to be and stay vegetarian, but my family and friends pressure me to eat meat. How do I just say 'NO'?
Just say it.

NO!



And tell them it's your personal choice.

Then, you can list out the benefits of being vegetarian, such as red meat causes more anger, and vegetarian food is more healthy etc.



If they still pressurise you

then you can either refuse to eat, or get your own food.

Sooner or later they will accept our choice.
Show them "Meet Your Meat" video and tell them you don't like to kill animals for food.



http://www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp
I'm sorry that your family is not more supportive. Maybe you can explain to them the health benefits of vegetarianism, or come up with good intelligent responses to their arguments. If you don't trust them to cook for you maybe you can start cooking for yourself a bit more, or help them in the kitchen so you can keep an eye on them. Remember that if it's too difficult and you find yourself compromising, you can eat whatever you want when you move out, and they can't do a thing about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment