Sunday, January 29, 2012

Is being a vegetarian time consuming?

How long on average does it take you to cook your meals?Is being a vegetarian time consuming?
no way! you actually have more time because you dont have to cook meat :) Eat all the foods you might love like pizza, spaghetti, lasagna, sandwiches, and salads and just forget about the meat! it usually taste better without it anyways lol plus your gonna save a lot of money at grocery stores without buying the expensive meat
As a vegetarian, most of the things you can eat can be eaten raw without preparation. You could make veggie soups and veggie casseroles on the weekend and store in the freezer in single serve bowls for quick heating. You could make a chick pea or corn salad and keep in fridge for several days. So really not time consuming at all.Is being a vegetarian time consuming?
not really. I eat a lot of peanuts and other snacks, which don't need to be cooked. I also cook up beans from scratch. Technically it takes time, but it doesn't take much of MY time. I just let the beans soak in water, either overnight or when I'm at work. Then when I'm home I drain them and let them cook covered for an hour. I can do other things while they cook.



There's lots more variety to choose from. If you want to get into it, google "how to cook beans" or "quick vegetarian recipes".
I'm not a vegetarian, but I would guess it might actually be faster. A lot of meats require long, slow cooking to properly tenderize them. You don't have that problem with most vegetables.Is being a vegetarian time consuming?
No...20 minutes at the most.

Meat takes forever to cook.

Are you crazy?
nope. usually 20 minutes. also depends how much I'm cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment