Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Vegetarians: How many times a day do you drink milk?

I personally hate milk and would never drink it (except occasionally) if not for my mum. She always has to force it down my throat, and she says that if I don't drink it now then I might get health problems years later (I'm 17).



So, just curious, how many times a day (if you do) do you drink milk? (my mum says it has to be 2 times, especially because I'm a vegetarian, but I only drink once and have 'days off') haha...Vegetarians: How many times a day do you drink milk?
Your mum is worried about your calcium intake. Not only is soy milk (and other "milks," like rice milk, almond milk, etc.) and some brands of orange juice fortified with calcium, but there are other sources of it! This link explains all about calcium and if you scroll down, you'll see a list of plant-based foods that have it: http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/calcium.htm
I hate milk and I never drink it! My parents never forced me to drink milk, because they know it for the false friend that it is. We drink our mother's milk and finish for a reason. Why drink milk of another animal? It's like pus!



Tell your mom that you can get calcium from other things such as broccoli and carrots. You will not get health problems...



Sometimes I am forced to drink milk when eating with friends. It sucks.Vegetarians: How many times a day do you drink milk?
How many times a day? 0.05 i probably drink milk a couple times a year, for the purpose of dipping cookies in it. The only time I rugularly drink milk is during the holidays when I use it to mix with eggnog to make it thinner. I do use milk on cereal and in baking though.




I'm Indian, and I hate milk. Can't stand the stuff. Only with cereal, or if it has chocolate. Or if I have anything fried, because I need something thick to coat my throat, since fried foods irritate my throat.



To answer your questions, 1/day, with cereal, that's about it.Vegetarians: How many times a day do you drink milk?
I love milk, but don't usually buy it, so I only have it when I'm visiting someone. Have you tried low-fat or non-fat? It's a bit less strong.



To answer your question, though. I guess it averages out to every other day or so.
I just drink milk in my tea and coffee, but if you don't like it, don't drink it. Tell your mum there's no real health reason you need it.



Have you tried soy or rice milk?
I only really drink it in my coffee or tea,and in cereal if i have it,most of the time it's toast so not very often.
seriously i hate milk like anything i drink milk only once a day because my mum forces me always-----:-)
i never drink it. im a lot older than you and im fit and healthy.i get calcium from other things so i dont need milk.
I refuse to give my daughters cow's milk. Both of them breastfed, but since they no longer wanted their mother's milk there is no dietary requirement to drink milk ever again.



Mother's milk is the perfect food for breastfeeding infants. It contains an ideal combination of hormones, antibodies to help fight infection and illness, and everything essential to grow and be healthy.



Humans are the only animal that drinks milk past infancy, and then it's not even from the correct species! Too many people are still trying to defend milk's supposed health benefits. Unfortunately, they are either using old information or information obtained from research funded by the dairy association. How many people would enjoy a glass of dog's milk or rat's milk? What makes cows special? Cow's milk is anything but good for our bodies. It is designed to change a 50 pound calf into a 500 pound cow. Clearly humans are nothing remotely similar to cows.



There are only two reasons which I've found to support humans drinking cow's milk. We have grown up hearing that it's good for us and we've grown accustomed to the taste and texture. There is absolutely no nutrition that can not be obtained elsewhere, minus the negatives. Calcium seems to be the major claim for milk. It can be found elsewhere in green vegetables, almonds, and many other sources. Where do you think the cows obtain the calcium to put into the milk? Where do other larger animals (elephants, horses, deer, whales, etc) get calcium? Why we continue to drink cow's milk laced with growth hormones, antibiotics, and who knows what else is beyond me.



Since I've given up drinking milk almost 10 years ago my health has greatly improved. I suffer fewer allergy problems, asthma and breathing problems are greatly reduced, I'm sleeping better, and I have more energy.



In the '50s smoking was considered harmless but now we realize its dangers. One person at a time and eventually the truth will become widely known that cow's milk is only for baby cows. Milk is indeed the perfect food, but only for infants of the proper species.



Do some research online and decide for yourself. Here's a start...

http://www.strongbones.org/

http://www.notmilk.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment