Sunday, January 29, 2012

Vegetarian meals giving me gas and the runs?

I have a friend who is vegetarian and every time I eat a vegetarian meal it gives me gas as well as the runs.



What can I do about this?Vegetarian meals giving me gas and the runs?
Eat a more balanced vegetarian diet. Not eating meat won't give you "the runs" by itself.
stick to the meatVegetarian meals giving me gas and the runs?
don't eat that stuff anymore if you get sick
I guess your stomach is not used to eat it. You can ask your pharsmacist for over the counter medicines that help digest veggies. Maybe you lack some encyme. It happens to me too some times but with certain veggies. Cabbage, onions etc..

You should find out which ones make you feel uncomfortable and avoid them. I am sure carrots won't cause flatulence, neither potatoes. You could eat potatoes any style.



good luckVegetarian meals giving me gas and the runs?
Try Beano. Beano and there'll be no gas
It's because vegetarian meals are high in fiber, much more so than the McDonald's diet most Americans eat.



I doubt it's a lack of meat that's causing your diarrhea so the meal's being "vegetarian" can't be blamed.
I'm guessing you're used to eating crap and your body isn't used to getting the fiber it needs.
I'm assuming you eat beans then. The sugars in them aren't digestible. You could try peas instead. As for the 'runs,' it could be a number of causes. Eating more water/fiber than your body is accustomed to. Eating an offensive ingredient--like some peppers. It can even be caused by fruits/vegetables that weren't washed well enough.
Most people would say that vegetarian meals are easyer to digest, cause less bloating, and less gas. That is unless you are eating too many beans or something, beans are good for you but only in moderation. Personally I find mixing a protein (beans and other legumes, nuts, seeds) with a starch (rice, grain foods, potatoes etc) cause a slight discomfort and some bloating for a few hours after that meal. Or maybe you are not used to a high fiber diet. Remember fiber is used to help push along the digesting food scraping away debre along the walls, to help keep your stools from becoming hard and compact. If you are used to a diet low in fiber (meat, eggs, dairy products, white bread, white pasta or rice etc) Then you might have allot of trapped decaying food along your digestive tract, and then when you eat a meal high in fiber all the cr*p becomes dislodged and causes an upset in digestion, your body then does the right thing by washing it all out.



What can you do about it? I would say be happy that it is probably doing your body some good! (= Or cut back on the beans.
well since you can't take it... go back to eating meat.



let the vegetarianism to the brave.
You are probably eating to many beans. Beans can give you gas.
Don't eat vegetarian meals. Just be glad you aren't vegetarian/vegan because you would live with gas and the runs for the rest of your life.
Depends on what vegetarian foods that you eat.
  • dairy queen locations
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment