Sunday, January 29, 2012

Will I lose weight if I become a part time vegetarian?

I still like meat. please no lectures. I just am trying to lose weight and I thought maybe if during the week i don't eat any meat and on the weekend i have a treat that has meat in it. but will i lose weight from being a vegetarian? please and thank youWill I lose weight if I become a part time vegetarian?
That would help a little but this should definately help and you still could eat some meat:

1) Eat several small meals a day (no large meals: don't eat 2-3 big meals). This helps your metabolism. When you only eat a couple times a day your body gets hungry and saves all the fats and sugars from what you eat opposed to eating several times. When you eat more often during a day your body knows it will get food soon so it doesn't bother keeping the unwanted materials in food.

2) Excercise 1 hour a day or more by doing curl-ups/sit-ups and use a treadmill or just run/jog for 5 minutes then walk for 10 and run/jog for 5 and keep doing this for about 30 minutes or so.

3) Don't eat chocolates and chips or anything with a lot of trans fat.

This should help to lose any unwanted weight. Good Luck and I hope this helped!Will I lose weight if I become a part time vegetarian?
yes , because meat is practically full fat product

as long as u dont fill up on cookies and chips instedWill I lose weight if I become a part time vegetarian?
It's very possible you will since vegetables do have lower calories and fat in them. But don't substitution the meat with bad carbs like pasta or it will not work. Also plan on taking vitamins since there are some things in meat that your body needs. Good luck!
It depends on what you are eating. There are lots of vegetarian, and even vegan, items that really aren't good for you. If you are eating lots of sugar, oil, pasta/rice/bread, then it isn't going to be helpful at all.



From a weight standpoint tofu/seitan=chicken/beef. It depends on how you cook it. Deep fried falafel is just as bad as fried chicken. In general, dairy is terrible for you in any way.



Some pointers: don't deep fry anything. Bake it instead. Limit amounts of oil. Some fats are better than others.

Fattening salad dressings negate the purpose of salad.

Limit all types of dairy. It is delicious, but fattening with many health risks.

Spinach=iron. Spinach salads are very good--especially with strawberries.

Mushrooms have vitamin D.

Beans can be an excellent source of protein. Eat them with or on the same day you eat a starch (pasta, rice, bread) so they are a complete proetin.



Source: I'm a vegetarian. Sometimes (like now) I'm fat.
  • mymathlab login
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment