Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'm a runner (love it!) but I'm also a vegetarian. Will lack of protein seriously affect my times?

I've been running for three years on my high school's track and XC teams. I LOVE IT and I just finished my junior year. I'm pretty slow but I don't care because I really compare myself to others that much. The problem is I get tired pretty easily which should happen when I train so much and I know that I work hard. I wonder if I'm not building enough muscle.

I don't eat any meat or fish and don't eat tofu. I don't often eat eggs so I can guess that there's probably no protein in my diet. Would eggs and tofu be the best option? Or protein shakes? Are there any other vegetarians out there?



thankies =]I'm a runner (love it!) but I'm also a vegetarian. Will lack of protein seriously affect my times?
a great way to get protine into your system is protine powder. it can be put in smoothies, milkshakes, and plain mixed with water. it is good to use before and after a workout to build you muscles. on a seperate note, sporps beans and propel keeps you energized during a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment