Thursday, February 23, 2012

Recently turned vegetarian, any ideas for a vitamin supplement to give energy?

Hi All!



I just became a vegetarian two weeks ago :D I went from eating everything to just eating eggs and milk (once I leave college, hopefully I'll be able to be vegan).



Ever since I switched, I've been insanely tired all the time. Any ideas for a multivitamin that also gives energy? I'm take iron pills (doctor prescribed) sporadically but I really should be taking them everyday but they don't seem to really increase my energy.



I'd appreciate any suggestions and where I could buy them!Recently turned vegetarian, any ideas for a vitamin supplement to give energy?
If you are eating correctly, no junk or unnatural sugar, water instead of juices you should be getting everything.
In the mean time, eat 100% liquid egg whites in the morning--When I ate 'em, it gave me tons of energy and kept me full for hours.



I'm in the same situation as you now that I'm almost Vegan.



Apparently nuts have a lot of protein. Doesn't help me much as I dislike many varieties. Maybe that tidbit of information will help you. Best of luck.Recently turned vegetarian, any ideas for a vitamin supplement to give energy?
Yeah, look into something called 'superfood' in powdered form. It tastes HORRIBLE but I like to mix it with grape juice instead of water to help kill the nasty taste. Take it every day %26amp; you'll have more energy than you've ever had and your immune system will be stronger than ever.
If you became a vegetarian 2 weeks ago and you feel tired its very unlikely you are tired due to your changed diet. I would imagine its because of something else in your life, you could be sick. If it continues I would see a doctor.Recently turned vegetarian, any ideas for a vitamin supplement to give energy?
Definitely take iron and B12. I have had iron deficiencies from my vegetarianism when I'm not careful enough. B12 is hard to get from nonmeat sources too.
i've got some advise, EAT MEAT!!! AND DON'T BECOME A PATRONIZING, SANCTIMONIOUS A** HOLE
Yeah its called meat.
If you just became a vegetarian two weeks ago, you should not suddenly have a vitamin deficiency. Any deficiency you are experiencing at this point is probably a carry over from when you were "eating everything." Funny, I had iron deficiencies when eating meat but have not (except following heavy blood loss) in the 41 years since becoming a vegetarian.



There is a change that your body is undergoing, though, as it adjusts to this new diet. Hopefully you are feeding it well. Why did you become a vegetarian? I did as you did and switched drastically. My body went through some real changes before it settled down. I became a vegan about a year or so after becoming a vegetarian. My fingernails are stronger than they ever were as a meat eater and I have more stamina and fewer illnesses. I had and raised three children as vegans and all has gone well for all of us.



The adjustment may take some time, but be sure you are not overdoing the refined carbohydrates and simple sugars and neglecting protein and complex carbohydrates. The refined carbs and simple sugars will quickly leave you in the lurch, tired and drug out. Cereal or pancakes or waffles for breakfast, especially with sugar or syrup is a killer.



I eat a full meal for breakfast like most people eat for supper. This can include rice with stir fry and tofu or vegan breakfast pizza or stew or anything. An added handful of nuts (usually raw almonds, walnuts, pecans or whatever) give me the stamina to get through the morning. A meal at lunch would also be full but a little lighter. I work so I carry sandwiches, fruit, etc. and for supper it is strictly something light, eaten early in the evening so as not to disturb my sleep. I am 62 years old and outlast others at work.



When I wake up I am refreshed and ready to go If I keep to this. If I choose to eat something heavier or anything later in the evening before going to bed, my sleep does not seem to be sufficient and it is harder to get going in the morning, which seems to affect me all day.



If you really want to take a multivitamin, just choose a vegetarian one that is complete and be faithful. You can get them in the healthfood section of a grocery store, or at a healthfood store such as Pilgrims or a GNC (General Nutrition Center in many major malls). Even some drug stores carry them. If you should be taking your iron pills every day they won't increase your energy if you are only taking them sporadically. Their purpose is to build your blood and your body. The iron in your bloodstream allows the red cells to carry more oxygen to your cells including your brain. Without oxygen they are definitely going to be hindered and you will feel "insanely tired."



Take good care of yourself, eat a good varied diet, and get plenty of water, sunshine and rest. Things should begin to look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment