Sunday, February 26, 2012

What does a healthy vegetarian diet look like? ?

I've recently become a vegetarian. It wasn't exactly planned, I just sort of stopped eating meat...I do, however, still eat fish from time to time. I was wondering if any one could give me some advice for a healthy and tasty vegetarian diet? Or just any advice to someone new to vegetarianism.What does a healthy vegetarian diet look like? ?
I've been a vegetarian for 6 years, and it took me a while to figure out that just because you are a vegetarian doesn't mean you automatically eat healthy. The main thing is protein- you will be so hungry if you don't get enough! I eat a lot of veggie burgers, peanut butter, eggs, beans, and spicy tofu. A tip- a lot of ethnic food is mainly vegetarian, like Indian and African. Also, keep it interesting. I love to cook for myself and if you get a cookbook with easy recipes, you'll end up doing it every night. I also recommend a daily vitamin. 1/4 protein 1/4 carb, and 1/2 vegetable should make up each mean (ideally).
A healthy vegetarian diet looks like one filled with plenty of fruits, veggies, beans, grains, nuts and dairy. No processed foods. Keeping is balanced and avoiding eating to much or the same foods over and over.What does a healthy vegetarian diet look like? ?
A healthy diet will include fibrous vegetables, algae, leafy greens, fruits, fatty fruits (coconut, avocado), seeds, nuts, sprouted grains and legumes. As for how you're going to prepare meals using the aforementioned is entirely up to you... be creative! Or look online for recipes. Just steer clear from flesh foods, cow's milk (I always chuckle mentioning this one - can you believe people still eat this stuff - I mean c'mon, it isn't any different than being breastfed - yes, there is a middleman (the dairy farmer) but you're still a milk sucker, so suck it up - pun intended), and chicken periods and you'll be good to go - no harmful cholesterol, no unnecessary saturated fat, no trans fats (unless of course you chug down bottles of Crisco - which is vegan), no heme iron, no nitrates... nothing to worry about!
Alot of fish protiens alot of veggies fruits. when you go to mcdonalds get the veggie burger very good.What does a healthy vegetarian diet look like? ?
Plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit, beans,whole grains, and small amounts of dairy. Perferably goat dairy.
Become a vegetarian it's not only "do not eat meat".

People "must" to learn how to eat correctly...

http://www.vegetarian.org.uk/campaigns/c鈥?/a>
Ask yourself what a healthy, tasty diet would look like for you if you still ate meat.



Now subtract the meat.



That's pretty much it, buddy. Most of the food in this world doesn't come from an animal anyway, so there's no reason to feel bored on a vegetarian diet. All the food you know and love can EASILY be made vegetarian. I'm a vegan and I still find it easy to enjoy food.
  • renova
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment