Monday, February 20, 2012

When a person goes vegetarian for the first time?(Vegetarians knowledge only)?

I've heard they lose weight especial when they are over weight a little bit. i was wondering is this true? when most of you turned vegetarian did you lose weight ? if so how much did you lose? and how long did it take . a month, two months? i'm just curious. inform me on what happened to you all. thank you.When a person goes vegetarian for the first time?(Vegetarians knowledge only)?
When I first became a vegetarian I lost 15 pounds in 1 month...but I wasn't overweight
The first year I was a vegetarian I lost about 20 pounds. Not because of becoming a vegetarian though: I already needed to lose weight, and since becoming a vegetarian radically changed my diet anyway it was easy to change it in such a way that I consumed less calories than I used during the day. It was cutting back on calories that did the trick, not the cutting animals out of my diet.

Since then I have had a few years of long hours at the office, not enough exercise and too many vegetarian pizzas and bags of crisps. And I gained all the weight back.

Vegetarianism and veganism are not weight loss diets. It's not like you can stuff your face with vegan soy ice cream all day and expect to be skinny.When a person goes vegetarian for the first time?(Vegetarians knowledge only)?
Since going from omni to vegan, I'm only about 5 lbs lighter, but I lost excess fat which allowed muscle tone to be more visible and I dropped 2 pants sizes. For the first 6 months I only ate whole foods, no fake meats or fake cheezes. Now I might occasionally have a MorningStar vegan burger or some other processed vegan meal, but only on rare occasions.



It really makes sense if you are going to give up animal flesh, to give up the milk and eggs too. There are so many healthier plant foods which have the same nutrient values.
Ok, I'm not vegetarian, but I did have a close friend who went vegetarian once. She ate oreos, celery, strawberries, milk, cheese, and bread. That's pretty much it. She gained 10 pounds, felt like crap, and gave it up.



So, only if they switch to a healthy diet. Most likely the weight loss is caused by the sudden reduction in calories in switching to a diet almost entirely of vegetables.When a person goes vegetarian for the first time?(Vegetarians knowledge only)?
when i changed from a meat eater to a vegan i did lose weight but i adobted a healthy life style i cut out fatty food such as chips and soda.I also started some light exercice nothing to heavy just some nice walks i felt alot better. I turned vegan to be more heathy it was more of a lifestyle choice than it was animal rights. so yeah i lost a fair bit i was pretty fat and ate junk before i made the switch i did it to impress my girl friend now wife haha as she was vegetarian. 10 years i've been a vegan.
Vegetarians are people who stop eating meat, but might still eat fish, eggs, and milk.

Some vegetarians go completely without any animal products.

For many people, it isn't meat that puts weight on, it's sugar, white flour, milk %26amp; other dairy products, candy, junk food, and lack of exercise.
It is true depending on what you eat. If you eat the unhealthy boca burgers and other genetically modified soy products you might gain weight. If you focus more on fresh foods that you make yourself then you would stay the same or lose.
When I became a vegan I was 11. Now I'm 15, and I've gained 30 pounds sense then. (I was a normal weight to start, and a normal weight now.)
PFT!



Give me a break!



I was my lowest when I ate meat, haha.



I've gained about 15 pounds since I became vegan.



I guess it depends on the individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment