Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Does a vegetarian diet cause frequency?

Since I have gone vegetarian, I have felt better than ever. However, I have had frequency a lot. Like last night, I had to get up to expel liquids at least 8 times. When I do, very little comes out. Is this normal on a vegetarian diet?Does a vegetarian diet cause frequency?
No that is not normal and could be a sign of something serious such as diabetes, kidney problems or a urinary tract infection.



If it persists or gets worse, you should go and see a doctor.
No, it's not normal. I would see a doctor if I were you.Does a vegetarian diet cause frequency?
yes, this will. At the beginning at least. Maybe u r trying to go full throttle? not to be a pun. Add whole wheat in ur diet. Ur body should adjust. If not, speak again or see a dietitian.
Well I have been a vegetarian since I was twelve (now thirty four!) and that has never happened to me, infact the only thing that increased my frequency even was being pregnant or having an infection. The frequency can be the result of a urinary tract infection or are you pregnant? I would get that checked out at the doctors. Could be a short term result of a dramatic change in diet perhaps but Im no doctor and I couldn't find that in any websites. Any change like that should definitely be checked medically. Because 8 times is sure a lot, I don't think I was even that bad when I was pregnant! The need to go to the toilet frequently at night is called nocturia. According to an article I looked up on the net the common cause is a urinary tract infection, diabetes, pregnancy or prostate problems or less commonly cystitus or bladder cancer, radiation therapy or bladder dysfunction.



Check this out:

http://adam.about.com/encyclopedia/00314鈥?/a>





Hey but good for you going vege, way to go. Make sure you supplement your diet with other things, are you doing that already because if you are having too much multivits or iron I think that could increase frequency too, but you should take some iron at least. A vege should also get their iron checked out once in a while by a blood test.





Good luckDoes a vegetarian diet cause frequency?
No, not at all. You might have a problem with your kidneys, so best bet is to go to a doctor.
it depends on what you're eating.
It means you are over 40 and your prostate is enlarged...see a doctor. This has NOTHING to do with being a vegetarian. It has everything to do with being a male over 40. Go to a urologist and he will use a gloved finger and have you cough...I believe that is one of the tests..It couldn't happen to a more deserving person..
its because you are full of it to begin with, fox
No, it is not, but it is normal for some idiot like your self! It is your brains fault not a Vegetarian Diet!
yes it is noraml to start with, once your body gets used to the new foods it willcalm down. common sense.
No gayboy, it's called prostate cancer.
Normal or not.... know what? Go out and treat yourself to a colostomy bag that way you won't have to frequent to the toilet as much only till the bag gets full!!
Could be a medical condition - better get yourself down to the doc's for a check up.
Although a vegetarian diet can be good for several reasons it produces a lot of gasses (flatulence) as well as frequency and liquid stools. If you intend to continue with it you must find out through trial and error which vegetables or cereals affect your abnormal bowel behaviour to which you could be allergic and don't exaggerate in eating too much of a particular food. The most offending food could be the gluten in wheat products as modern wheat contain a huge amount of gluten and is the major cause of IBS ( Irritable Bowel Syndrome) in the population. If your condition persists and you don't object to it try to break your vegetarian diet now and then by eating a bit of organic fish or chicken with boiled white rice or even boiled potatoes.
The answer is no.



Could you not just look it up in one of your medical journals ?
Yes , especially when you have just become vegetarian. Your bowel will be more frequent too . I don't know about small amounts of urine. Mine is different everytime I go !
I don't know about "frequency", but every vegetarian I know suffers from flatulence ...



That's farting to you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment